Sorry, I still don't know how to link this to anything. I am directing and teaching this semester at SUNY/Albany, I have a lecture class, Intro to Dramatic Arts, 155 students 3 times a week. Then in the evening, I'm directing 3 shows that open in November. I also am directing a staged reading for the Alumni Weekend there, to generate interest in the 100th Anniversary of theatre productions at that theatre. It is the second longest university producing theatre in the country.
Much of the time I am pretty exhausted, it is a harder schedule than I am used to. But the students are all engaged in great ways, so I am getting a lot out of it.
Jeff Jacobson, my husband for those we haven't met, just got back from California and Oregon on a photo tour, doing a job for California magazine, but also photographing for his current personal book project in various locations including Mt. St. Helens.
Henry Jacobson, our son, has begun to work as a documentary photographer. He was shooting some personal projects when he was hired to shoot on a series of trips to Sierra Leone, with a group doing peace and reconciliation efforts in villages all over the country. Then he shot with a NY Times photographer, doing video of Olympic atheletes. Then he shot again for the other company, doing work in India, the Phillipines, Uganda, and Ethiopia. He is now in Bosnia, working on another job, photographing a South African theatre troupe touring there with a play on peace and reconciliation. He is pretty clear that he wants to direct film eventually, so this is wonderful work for him to be doing.
Love to you all. Hoping to surface again and maybe get to visit after the last class Dec. 8th. We may be traveling around the country a bit, Jeff and I, in February, 2009.
1 comment:
Great to hear from you, Marnie. Your load does sound very heavy especially working at night makes for a longer day. All of your family seems to be doing really creative things... I'd like to know what group Henry is doing the peace and reconciliation work.
Susie
Post a Comment