Dear Robins,
It is the best of times, it is the worst of times.
I am home again after doing theatre in OK for two months, and Jeff's cancer has shown itself again. Yesterday, he began the first of eight weeks of treatment, twice a week, in New York City. I am journaling updates, if any of you want to follow, through caringbridge.org. I can send you the link, but most of you don't know Jeff well enough to need to follow it. Just saying here what is happening. But if you want to know more, email me at marniejean@aol.com and I will send you the link.
Henry is back on the East coast, and here quite a bit, which is most helpful. He and I drove down to DC this weekend, as I had a concert there with the NYC Master Chorale. It was a full trip, to land and then begin Jeff's treatment with him the next day. This music, however, is quite remarkable. Janey and Gill Pratt came to the Sat. performance, and we went out after with my friend and host in DC, Mary Davin. Gill's job keeps him in DC, and commuting back to MA, so it was great for them to come, and to spend time with them and to share this music with them.
I saw Ed and Nancy in Boston a few weeks ago, when we were there for a wedding. Janey and I talked some this weekend about the transition her parents are making there in Lexington. I know it is better for them all that they can walk to each other's homes. Since we moved to upstate New York, Janey and Gill and their family have become an active part of my life. I love their energy and adventurous spirits. Ed and Nancy have been active family for me for a long time. It hasn't mattered how often we got together, I have felt great comfort and caring with them. I know the move to MA has come after the difficulty of uprooting themselves from Orono, but they seem to appreciate being with their family.
I have to write more on the caring bridge site, and head for sleep. We try to view this as a process, addressing this recurrence of his disease. I am just grateful for the spring, and for being able to be at home when we can, and with Jeff through the process.
Glad to read your entries. One day I will learn how to get these things on the blog myself
Much love,
Marnie
No comments:
Post a Comment