Dear Robins..........don’t you miss reading all those lovely letters (the original Robins) which arrived at our parents/grandparents/great-grandparents’ homes periodically?? Oops.....probably not everyone was around back then, but I always looked forward to reading the news. I could recognize the letters by the handwritings.....and I knew which ones typed (Fletcher, at least, and maybe Bill)....and Ed printed..... correct me if I’m mistaken....and who took the longest to respond (I’m not telling).....and many spouses added their own notes at the bottom of the letter.
How blessed we were to have grown up with good parents in loving homes. Some of you lived all over the place. Some of us stayed put. Our (Andrews) parents valued education and though in spite of their meager resources growing up, they all had at least one, many two, college degrees, we were all brought up with that commitment from them that we would be educated. (Yes, I know Mother said I graduated ‘magna cum lucky,’ but never mind that. I made a living.
Big families on both the Andrews and Christopher sides meant lots of delightful family reunions. Love the old photos and the memories they bring back. I see some of you are continuing with that tradition as your families are expanding. How wonderful! And how fortunate you all are!
Remley and I don’t have any biological children.....but we have a number of young people in our life. Our ‘adopted daughters’ consist of 4 ladies who were all Chi Omegas at the College of Charleston and worked in Remley’s sterling silver shop on King st. We take them to brunch at the Harbour Club periodically. I will try to attach a photo. Another is in Boston, a CPA who got her first job with PriceWaterhouse and who married last year. In town also are a young couple down the street and another couple with whom we are all friends. They have a little girl named Remley. How cool is that? How many Remleys do you know?
Speaking of Remley (mine, that is), he changed jobs this year, continuing in the investment business but moving from Edward Jones to Raymond James/Community FirstBank here in Charleston. He still loves what he’s doing so I’m not holding my breath waiting for him to retire. On the other hand "Moi" adores being retired. I help out at the hospital, work at the city greenhouse, help with our women’s heart health initiative for the community. And assist with whatever project the Medical University Women’s Club is involved in.
We were in Landrum/Tryon area over Thanksgiving. It is weird to see my Landrum home empty and up for sale. We saw a number of old friends (we’re all getting really old...)and helped with the Thanksgiving meal at the church - sent out or served over 500 meals. Then had lunch with friends, and supper with Christopher cousins. I needed to walk back to Charleston. We will see Jo and Michael for lunch on Christmas Eve when they’re at Kiawah, so we are looking forward to that.
All this to say, we are happy and doing well. We wish you a blessed and peaceful Christmas and a New Year filled with optimism for all. God Bless America and God bless us every one!
We send our love to all of you!
Sarah and Remley
| Christmas Brunch 2010 |



No comments:
Post a Comment