Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A tough week

Here is my first attempt. Marnie here, known earlier as Marie, youngest of Fletcher and Joan, but don't call me Marie, because my son Henry doesn't know who that is! Jeff and I go to NYC today, he has an operation scheduled to repair some of the lingering damage from the chemo treatment of last year. My brother John is home recovering from a stroke he had last Friday. When I spoke to him yesterday, his thoughts were clear, but his speech was slightly slurred. He is feeling ok. Mom has shingles, and is doing her best to recover from that. Harry was there for several days last week. Other than that, the floods of the Northeast have passed and our home is beautiful with flowers. We are renovating this summer and fall, but after that we will have a guest room for visitors. We live near Woodstock, NY, in the Catskills, with rivers and mountains. Thanks for doing this, Susie. I look forward to knowing you all better.

No comments: